Characterization of Cells:
- Strong capacity to expand. Can be passaged at least 5 times.
- Multipotent differentiation ability along the osteogenic, chondrogenic, and adipogenic lineages.
- Positive for CD29, CD44, CD73, CD105, and CD166, and negative for CD11a, CD34, and CD45 in flow cytometry assays.
Tested negative for bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma.
Delivery and Storage:
- Frozen cells are shipped on dry ice.
- Upon receipt, if no dry ice is left in the package, thaw and use cells immediately.
- If there is dry ice left in the package, store cells in liquid nitrogen immediately upon arrival.
- When stored at the recommended storage conditions, components are stable up to the expiration date.
- Do not expose to elevated temperature.
Human Umbilical Cord Blood Mesenchymal Stem Cells have a finite lifespan in vitro. Cyagen warrants its cells only if suggested media are used and the recommended protocols are followed. The cryopreserved cells are assured to be viable and functional when thawed and maintained properly.
Intended for non-human laboratory research use only.